Year of Call: 2019Tara Riley is a Barrister at Kenworthy’s Chambers who specialises in
Tara Riley was a Senior Crown Prosecutor at the CPS from July 2021 to September 2023. She worked with youth defendants on criminal offences such as rape, knife point robbery, serious sexual offences, and cases involving fatalities before joining Kenworthy’s Chambers in 2023.
Tara Riley's specialist area of practice is Criminal Law. She can be instructed in the full spectrum of criminal offences in the Crown Court, including homicide, serious violence - including firearms and offensive weapons, drugs and conspiracy, and sexual offences.
As a Criminal Barrister Tara Riley has experience working on high-profile, complex and multi-handed cases that have garnered media interest. From insider dealing, money laundering, and cyber crime to robbery, criminal fraud and proceeds of crime, Tara provides advice on a wide variety of criminal cases.
She has a growing reputation for dealing sensitively with young, vulnerable clients. She accepts instructions on child abuse and child destruction, human trafficking, assault, and historic abuse.
Tara Riley is a Prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) who is used to working in a fast-paced environment, often undertaking multiple trial block lists, providing advocacy at trials, and completing review preparations.
If you have a Crime case you need advice or advocacy for, call our Criminal Clerk Paul Mander on 0161 832 4036, email Paul@kenworthys.co.uk, or fill out our contact form.
+ Notable Cases
- A large scale multi-handed operation involving millions of pounds worth of vehicles being stolen in domestic burglaries where Tara Riley reviewed and made over 150 charges.
- Prosecuted extinction rebellion successfully in a case centering around a protest with Human Rights Act defences.
- Successfully prosecuted a serving Police Officer in a case which resulted in a conviction.
- Bar Practice Course (BPC).
- CPS full practicing certificate.
To check the availability of Criminal Barrister Tara Riley for your Crime case call our Criminal Clerk Paul Mander on 0161 832 4036, email Paul@kenworthys.co.uk, or fill out our contact form.