Year of Call: 2001Sarah Johnson is a Barrister at Kenworthy’s Chambers who practices in
Sarah is a very astute and knowledgeable barrister who is always well prepared and tactically knows the ropes and is someone you can always rely upon.
I would like to pass on our sincere thanks to Sarah Cook, Sarah Johnson and the team. It was a fantastic result at the appeal and has been a master class from two brilliant Barristers. The conferences, preparation and representation were fantastic.
Beth Lee, Ayres Waters Family Lawyers
I spoke with the client, and she is very accepting of the outcome and feels like she was given an opportunity to put her position across fully. She said that Sarah was absolutely amazing.
Dierdre O’Riordan, Roebucks Solicitors
Excellent preparation. A formidable advocate and very experienced. She is able to advise the client appropriately. Very approachable.
Sarah is an excellent Barrister. She was amazing and very quickly sorted everything out. We are extremely happy with the outcome of the hearing.
Ms. W, HCB Solicitors
Sarah is a pragmatic Barrister who gets excellent results. She is a solid Advocate, reliable and timely.
Sarah Johnson is organised, punctual, to the point and robust. She is realistic with her advice.
My client was very happy with the honest expert advice they received on their non-molestation hearing. Many thanks to Family Barrister Sarah Johnson.
Sahin Erdogan, Makin Dixon Solicitors
Sarah Johnson is recommended as a leading individual in Legal 500 for her Family practice. She also has experience in Education and Coronial law.
Before coming to the Bar in 2001, Sarah Johnson worked as a Solicitor which gives her insights into both sides of the profession.
Sarah Johnson is also the Data Diversity Officer for Kenworthy’s Chambers.
Family and Finance
Sarah Johnson deals with all aspects of private and public children’s proceedings, acting for Local Authorities, parents and children.
She has handled multiple shaken and dead baby cases, as well as cases in which children have suffered non-accidental injuries and sexual abuse.
Described as ‘very astute and knowledgeable’, she has experience dealing with applications for adoption, parental responsibility, contact and residence.
Sarah Johnson is an expert on child abduction cases and Hague Convention proceedings.
As a Family Barrister Sarah Johnson can assist you with child arrangement orders, prohibited steps orders, special guardianship orders, non-molestation and occupation orders, and care proceedings. She regularly handles cases involving deprivation of liberty, female genital mutilation, and forced marriage protection orders.
If you have a Family Law case you need advice or advocacy for, call our Family Clerks Courtney Richards and Daniella Howarth on 0161 832 4036, email Courtney@kenworthys.co.uk, Daniella@kenworthys.co.uk, or fill out our contact form.
Court of Protection
Sarah Johnson’s Court of Protection work centres on the decisions made around financial, property, welfare and care for individuals who do not have the capacity to make decisions for themselves. She is experienced in handling Deprivation of Liberty orders and highly knowledgeable in Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
Sarah Johnson is comfortable in advising and assisting clients in situations where decisions need to be made for an individual who cannot make decisions for themselves.
Sarah Johnson accepts instructions both in the mental health tribunal and the Court of Protection.
If you have a Court of Protection case you need advice or advocacy for, call our Mental Health Clerks Courtney Richards and Daniella Howarth on 0161 832 4036, email Courtney@kenworthys.co.uk, Daniella@kenworthys.co.uk or fill out our contact form.
As an Education Barrister Sarah Johnson can provide advocacy or advice on special educational needs, tribunal hearings, behaviour discipline and safeguarding.
Schools and parents alike benefit from Sarah Johnson's combined expertise in Children Law and Employment Law. Many of her Education cases contain potential issues around discrimination.
She has expertise in Head Teacher management, school governance, admissions and exclusions.
She can advise on Teacher misconduct, competence and capability, critical incidents and governance reviews.
If you have an Education Law case you need advice or advocacy for, call our Clerks Michael Jones and Paul Mander on 0161 832 4036, email Mike@kenworthys.co.uk, Paul@kenworthys.co.uk, or fill out our contact form.
For appropriate Family and Criminal Law cases, Sarah Johnson will accept instructions from the general public on a direct access basis.
Please refer to the below pricing range for Public Access Barrister services. Prices are subject to case type, complexity and seniority or experience of the Barrister. Accurate quotes will be provided before work on the case begins.
|£350 - £1,000 + VAT
|£550 - £1,200 + VAT
|£1,250 - £3,500 + VAT
|£750 - £2,000 + VAT
|£750 - £2,000 + VAT
|Advice and Preparation (Hourly):
|£150 - £250 + VAT
*These price ranges are based on local courts; other courts will incur a travel charge.
Please contact our Senior Family Clerk, Courtney Richards (Courtney@kenworthys.co.uk), for more information.
+ Notable Cases
- C v A (2018): Successfully represented one of the UK's largest Health and Social Care Charity at a three-day hearing at Liverpool Employment Tribunal against claims of race discrimination, harassment, unfair dismissal and breach of contract brought about by the claimant, who was a self-employed yoga instructor.
- R v T (2017): Successfully represented a City Banker after three days at the London Employment Tribunal. The client claimed his previous employer owed him commission from profiting projects during his time of employment at the firm.
- F v T (2015): Successfully represented the claimant in a three-week unfair dismissal and disability discrimination claim following termination of employment. The claimant had macular degeneration and by the point of the proceedings had lost over 80% of her sight. This is a very complicated condition and by its nature deteriorating all the time.
- P v A (2015): Acting for the respondent in complaints of disability discrimination, race discrimination, religious discrimination and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and also a whistleblowing claim. This matter was originally listed for an eight-day hearing in Liverpool Employment Tribunal and subsequently settled on the eighth day, to include a termination of the claimant's employment with the respondents.
- H v T (2015): Acting on behalf of a successful claimant in unfair dismissal proceedings against his former employers. The Employment Tribunal found that the claimant had been unfairly dismissed, both on a procedural and substantive basis, following the claimant clipping the wing mirror of a works van on the gatepost of the respondent's yard.
- H v B (2014): Acted for the respondent in successfully defending claims of constructive unfair dismissal and whistleblowing. The claimant was an Air Traffic Controller at the airport. Following his involvement in an airprox (which is where two planes come within three miles of one another), he raised allegations of a health and safety nature, as a means of attempting to prevent the respondents from taking disciplinary proceedings against him for his previous negligence.
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council v Stanley.
- Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust v O'Reilly.
- Law Degree from the University of Manchester.
- Bar Vocational Course.
+ Professional Memberships
- The Family Law Bar Association (FLBA).
- Child Concern.
- Member of Lincoln’s Inn.
- Northern Circuit.
To check the availability of Barrister Sarah Johnson for your Family Law or Court of Protection case call our Family Clerks Courtney Richards and Daniella Howarth on 0161 832 4036, email Courtney@kenworthys.co.uk, Daniella@kenworthys.co.uk or fill out our contact form.
To learn the availability of Barrister Sarah Johnson for your Education Law case call our Clerks Michael Jones and Paul Mander on 0161 832 4036, email Mike@kenworthys.co.uk, Paul@kenworthys.co.uk, or fill out our contact form.