Year of Call: 2023Kay Driver is a Barrister at Kenworthy’s Chambers who specialises in
Kenworthy’s Chambers are a welcoming set who strive to meet our needs whether that be in relation to criminal or mental health needs. Whilst it is a busy chambers counsel are often available to cover hearings even at the last minute.
Kenworthy’s Chambers offers expertise spanning a wide range of criminal matters. The set’s Barristers are experienced in both the prosecution and defence of cases relating to homicides, high-value drugs conspiracies, serious violent and sexual offences.
Chambers & Partners
Kenworthy’s crime team is renowned for determined and fearless defence advocates, as well as fair and pragmatic prosecutors; the team’s expertise extends over a range of areas including conspiracy, murder, serious sex offences and regulatory crime. The team has amassed a reputation on the Northern Circuit and nationally for dealing with complex and high-profile cases.
The team is routinely instructed to appear in trials in the Crown Courts and in appellate proceedings, and the barristers undertake both private and publicly funded work.
Chambers & Partners
They have provided a very responsive and efficient service with a wide range of Barristers able to assist at all levels of cases.
The chambers are an excellent set, with a wealth of experience in Criminal matters. They also have excellent availability of counsel.
Kenworthy’s Chambers have a great set of Barristers.
Kay Driver specialises in Criminal Law and prior to transferring to the Bar accumulated 15 years of experience working as a High Court Advocate.
Kay Driver is widely recognised as a leading Criminal Barrister who accepts instructions across the full range of criminal cases, including section 18 assault and violent offences such as affray, violent disorder, and domestic violence, controlling and coercive behaviour.
She has experience working on murder, manslaughter, and attempted murder cases. She is also commended for her advice, and defence in cases involving blackmail, kidnapping, and false imprisonment.
Kay Driver has been instructed in recent and historical sexual offences against adults and children. These require her to be compassionate and utilise her first-rate advocacy skills. She is also accomplished when it comes to securing positive results for clients in drug conspiracies and cases involving firearms, fraud, and theft.
If you have a Crime case you need advice or advocacy for, call our Criminal Clerks Paul Mander and Greg Highton on 0161 832 4036, email Paul@kenworthys.co.uk, Greg@kenworthys.co.uk, or fill out our contact form.
+ Notable Cases
- Chester Crown Court: Death by dangerous driving.
- R v DB: Two trials - Sexual assault and possession of multiple firearms.
- In an appeal against a conviction for child abduction, Kay Driver had the appeal upheld and the conviction quashed.
- R v S: Historical rape of a juvenile by a serving Police Officer.
- R v PS: Historical rape of family members.
- R v SB: Multi-handed conspiracy to supply Class A drugs.
- Arson of a public house by a landlord.
- In an appeal against an unlawful sentence following a retrial, Kay Driver successfully had the appeal upheld.
- LLB (Hons) in Law from Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Qualified Duty Solicitor.
- Higher Rights of Audience (HRA).
+ Professional Memberships
- Member of the Criminal Bar Association.
- Accredited in Criminal Litigation by The Law Society.